Pacepoles 3 section carbon vs aliminum
- This topic is empty.
May 7, 2008 at 11:04 pm #1228828slavenya slavenyaBPL Member
I have hard time while trying to decide what will be preferable Pacerpoles 3 carbon vs 3 section aluminum.
1. The website states that if you tall you probably need aluminum. But what is tall? 6" is tall enough?
2. Carbon poles weight 18oz when aluminum set weights 23 oz
3. Carbon cost more 155$ vs 125$ for aluminum
4. They say that aluminum is more durable over time – especially when trekking over rocky terrain.
So, guys, what do you think? Does carbon poles worth it?May 7, 2008 at 11:18 pm #1432170Drowned LemmingBPL Member
I'm 6' tall and find the 3 section CF ones fine – there's still quite a bit of 'spare' length left.
The weights are accurate – mine are 520g/18.3 oz with the small baskets on.
Mine have been used quite hard and on rocky terrain – the lower sections are scratched, but this is only cosmetic damage.
So in my opinion, the 3 section CF poles are worth it (I replaced the alloy version with them).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Watch the Tarptent Dipole Review Premiere on YouTube:
Our Community Posts are Moderated
Backpacking Light community posts are moderated and here to foster helpful and positive discussions about lightweight backpacking. Please be mindful of our values and boundaries and review our Community Guidelines prior to posting.