Topic

SUL gearlist

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists SUL gearlist

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jay McCombs
    BPL Member

@jmccombs

Locale: Southwest

I would probably use steri strips for closure then try and put a bandaid (a fairly large that would rap all the way around the finger and then stick to itself to make a ring) or some other dressing (sterile gauze/tape) on top of that then worn a glove or bandana over the bandaid. Of course then you might get sweaty, I guess it depends on the weather…The key to making things stick will be getting it clean and dry prior to sticking since no ultralighter would carry something to increase adhession (heaven forbid we add 1/4 an ounce to make our bandaids stick well heh). It would still be tricky because the back of fingers are a dynamic area that stretch and pull and the skin moves a lot. Keeping it covered (clean) would be my primary goal, and this would probably be easiest with some sort of bulk dressing.

Anyway, you seem to have made it out w/at least one of your hands (you can still type) so I guess you did ok!

Anonymous

Heaven forbid Pj lose his ability to type…

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

many thanks for taking more time to reply.

you obviously have a good understanding of how little UL’s tend to carry. used to carry 2+ lbs of med gear b/f beginning to lighten up. have occasionally thought about returning to a more well supplied kit. the real problem, for me, is remembering to restock my 6oz kit when items have been used – was obviously missing that 1/4oz you refer to. used most of my band-aids, gauze, and tape hiking out, hence the use of the glue.

i do really appreciate you taking your time to post to this Thread – which i, for one, hope has come finally come to an end.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

no need to be “Anonymous”. i’m still chuckling as i type. very humorous (even if, by chance, you might have meant it to be hurtful/sarcastic – i don’t believe that you did mean it that way). but, your humor does bring out a good point. instead of trying to rapidly reply, i should really type into something like ‘Notepad’, save it, come back to it later, and read and shorten it before copying and pasting the text into an actual post. i’ve got to write my self a small ‘sticky’ note and put it on my laptop’s palm rest. thank you for making your point. well. i’m outta’ here. hopefully, the “Doc” will hang around to answer any more questions. [BTW, forgot to mention this before: “Doc”, i’ve added your very well written and informative posts to an “info” file of excellent info gleaned from posts over the last year (mine never seem to be of high enough quality to make it into the file). thanks again.]

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools