Topic

ultralight cook kit

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear ultralight cook kit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

I recently posted something in the gear talk forum, but relized that I should have posted it here. if you look on the “ultralight cook kit” thread you can read what all I use for three season backpacking. as you can see most of it is homemade (if you are wondering, the elite stove is not a mini bull design, I made by looking at pictures of tinnys design)and I would like to say that it is very satisfying knowing that you made this gear and that it works, not to mention that it is under three ounces for under $5. (I did not keep track of the cost and $5 is an estimate)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Laura,

Sounds like a nice UL Cook Kit. One suggestion is to protect the stove and the pot from the heat robbing wind. You might try a larger windscreen then what could be cut from an aluminum pie tin. Try using a disposable aluminum turkey-roasting tray you can cut at least a couple windscreens and the cost in minimal (especially with Thanksgiving around the corner).

Regards,
    FastWalker

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

thanks roger, will do
    by the way, my name is Ryan, I got this subscription from my mom as a gift

Ryan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools