Topic

Has anyone used VAUDE products?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Has anyone used VAUDE products?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

I'm looking at the Vaude Infinity Jacket II, an item which came up while I was using UK search engines when trying to find an eVENT jacket which would fit me. I've never owned a Vaude product and don't know anyone who owns this jacket. If anyone can comment on the quality of their product and specifically this jacket, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Tim Heckel
    Spectator

@thinair

Locale: 6237' - Manitou Springs

Since nobody replied I will give you my opinion of my Vaude tent. It is well designed and well made. Don't know if that helps, but there you have it.

Kyle Rosenberger

@kyler55

Locale: Greater Yellowstone

From the many vaude packs I have seen they are absolute crap. I would not trust this brand. I have seen numerous different pack models fall apart. If you are looking for an eVent jacket. Look at Integral Designs, or Rab. Not very impressed with Montane either.

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

No experience with VauDe clothing. The only VauDe production I have used is a Siena 40 biking oriented daypack. I have been very happy with it. It has gotten close to daily use for the last 6? years or so going to and for work carrying around 8-10 lbs of stuff. Also gone on several fastpacking trips. The mesh of the side pockets is a little torn up… but otherwise the pack is still in good shape.

Inaki Diaz de Etura
    BPL Member

@inaki-1

Locale: Iberia highlands

> From the many vaude packs I have seen they are absolute crap

this sounds odd to me. I have only owned a couple packs and a tent so personal experience is limited but Vaude is the typical mass market outdoor company who builds stuff to last. They know their target customer will expect that. They focus on tough, reliable designs and materials. They may not be the most innovative but I have the feel I can trust their quality. It's a common brand around me and I never heard of such complaints, right on the contrary, it's a well considered brand.

Kyle Rosenberger

@kyler55

Locale: Greater Yellowstone

Never used a Vaude pack and never plan to. However I work at a shop that sells them. Let me tell you all that I have to warranty about 2 of every 3 I sell. One customer had had a pack fall apart, I replaced it and he returned with the replacement that had fallen apart. Sorry to be a little negative on this subject but I just don't trust the Vaude brand

John Negley

@hikemonkey

I have a pair of Vaude hiking knickers that I love. They have lasted for years, are super lightweight and very breathable… and they do not make them anymore.
    I have heard mixed reviews on their packs and gear, but nothing bad on clothing.

Richard D.
    BPL Member

@legkohod

Locale: Eastern Europe / Caucasus

I have the Vaude Hogan Ultralight tent for two. It's great and seems very well made, but these days I'm using stuff that's quite a bit lighter.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

I bought my wife a Vaude Cross 35 backpack about a year ago. Will did a review of it here on BPL. She is pleased as punch with it. Weighs about 1-1/2 lbs. She is rough on gear, yet it still looks like new. I've used it for a day pack several times, even though it's small for me, but it served me well.

Robert Fredriksson

@lifepac

I own the pack Vaude Ultra Hiker 20, and has used it a lot. It is a well made and durable backpack.

F. Thomas Matica

@ftm1776

Locale: Vancouver, WA

Where are the Vaude products made? I know it's suppose to be this great "German" technology, but some years ago I looked at one of their now discontinued tents and it was made in China and didn't have the quality I would expect from a high quality German product.
    Have they changed their ways in the past few years? They seem to get some rave reviews on their more up to date products, specifically, tents. And the price, WOW!!!
    Comments, please.

Inaki Diaz de Etura
    BPL Member

@inaki-1

Locale: Iberia highlands

I can't say for sure but I highly doubt Vaude has done any significant manufacturing in Germany or anywhere in western Europe anytime AD but I've always found Vaude products reliable and good quality, just not at the edge of UL as I was saying above in this thread. They're a mass market company after all but just because of that they build things to last. What's the lack of quality you noticed about?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Mostly China, like most any other company.

Cheers

backpackerchick
    BPL Member

@backpackerchick

There's a Mercedes plant in Alabama. This is a global economy!

I think some outdoor gear manufacture is tending toward Vietnam too. Just a bit of trivia.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> I think some outdoor gear manufacture is tending toward Vietnam too.
    Quite true – their labour costs are lower than China. Amusing in a way.

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools