Topic

Waist pockets for Jam2

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Waist pockets for Jam2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Max Hoagland

@maxhoagland

Just build some awesome waist belt pockets for my Jam2 pack. They are cool. Here is a picture:
    Waist pockets

Jonathan Duckett
    BPL Member

@thunderhead

Locale: Great Smoky Mountains

Look great. More details please. I'd love to do this to my pack.

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Hey Max,
    Yes, more pics please! This really does look great! I have the older Jam and would love to get some hip-belt pockets on it. I like how you made the pockets follow the shape of the wings on the hip belt instead of just making a square or rectangular shape.

ERIC PAYNE
    Spectator

@vaporjourney

Locale: Greater Gila

If you don't want to do any sewing, you could consider the ULA pockets made for the Amp or Relay. They have the same triangular shape, although I'm not sure if they fit the wings perfectly. The price is right though.

Max Hoagland

@maxhoagland

Hey guys.
    I made my pattern for the pockets by tracing the outline of the hip belt and adding a little more space at the tapered end to fit two Clif bars comfortably. Then I added a 1/2 inch seam allowance to the paper pattern. I then just sewed them into pouches. Then I sewed the pouches onto the hip belt. Make sure that when you are sewing the pouches onto the belt that you don't stretch the pouches out, otherwise, when the belt is stretched on your hips, you are compromising the pouch's size capacity and it will be uncomfortable on your hip (when you have things in them).

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

An excellent modification, Max. When I first got my Pinnacle in the mail I was surprised GoLite hadn't added that feature as a standard on the packs. I feel those little pockets are one of the best features of my ULA pack.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools