Topic

Easter Day Hike on SHT

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery Easter Day Hike on SHT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Boyd

@sim

Locale: Minnesowtah

Day Hike 1Day Hike 3

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Stephen –

Thanks for the pics! I was up at Silver Bay two weeks ago on the Bean Bear loop and there was still waist deep snow in places! If you're interested I did a video blog of my hike.

– Sam

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Nice pics and good video

Seeing the dogs reminded me of when I first started hiking years ago. I had two dogs and we had a few good snows in VA. They loved the snow. Both of them are gone now. Man and dog on a snow trail – doesn't get any better : )

Thanks both of you for sparking fond memories.

Stephen Boyd

@sim

Locale: Minnesowtah

Sorry

I forgot I had posted this.

Our Beagle Norm absolutely loves to hike. He sees us get the hiking clothes out at home and he is right there making sure he doesn't get left behind.

It was pretty funny watching the wife and dog sled back down the drainpipe. It was really the only 1/2 safe way to get down.

The snow was still pretty deep off of the compacted part of the trail.

It was funny….now anyway….I lost the key to my truck on the trail. I had put it in the zip pocket of my pull-over and turns out the pocket had a hole in it. Fortunately the wife had a key….which we always do. I stopped in the front office at Tettaguchi (sp?) and left my name and description of the key. I just got it back this week. Someone found it and turned in and the nice rangers at the park mailed it back to me. Pretty cool.

I will take a look at the video.

Steve

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

Sam, nice hiking companion that. What's the dog's name?

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

That's the one and only (infamous?!?) Maya dog. She's a pretty good hiking partner – – until she sees a deer and runs off for fifteen minutes. Or worse, until she gets into a fight with a porcupine on a Friday afternoon when the only veterinarian open is the emergency one which charges $400 to pull out quills!

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

I always hope my Slobovian Terrier won't chase a skunk into the poison oak.

Sadie (Longhair) on the Big Rock Trail
    Sadie on the Big Rock Trail

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools