Topic

Throw away your Nalgene waterbottle!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Throw away your Nalgene waterbottle!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alex Heesch

@heescha

There was a thing on the news this morning and everyone needs to take a look at their nalgene water bottle.

look at the bottom of it and if it has a 3,6, or 7 in the triangle…throw it away! it has been realized that bottles with those numbers have been releasing chemicals into the water that can cause very bad brain damage!

Ross Bleakney
    BPL Member

@rossbleakney

Locale: Cascades

If you do a little searching, you will find that we've discussed this topic many times before. Some feel it is worth the risk, others don't.

Greg Vaillancourt

@gsv45

Locale: Utah

I laff at dain bramage!

Hash washing things beat the Nalgenes to the punch.

Max Hoagland

@maxhoagland

Are you trying to say washing your water bottles in hash is a good thing?

I've never tried that…

Alex Heesch

@heescha

hey guys, sorry for repeating this if it has been already discussed! my mom just freaked on me this morning because she saw it on the news. just making sure no one goes brain dead!

Jason Brinkman
    BPL Member

@jbrinkmanboi

Locale: Idaho

If you place a magnet in the bottom of your Nalgene, and then pour the contents into a plastic-coated aluminum Heineken can before drinking, you'll be fine! It also helps to stand on one foot and turn three counterclockwise circles while drinking.

Seriously though, you should probably throw away your Nalgene anyway, because they weigh a ton!!! The L in BPL stands for LIGHT you know!

Matthew Robinson
    Spectator

@mcjhrobinson

Locale: Waaay West

i never keep water in my nalgene for more than a few hours. id be more worried about the food i eat than the plastic in my nalgene. thats just me. aloha!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools