Topic

How many oz/yd in 240 g/sm XP?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear How many oz/yd in 240 g/sm XP?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John Carter

@jcarter1

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Okay, I need a little help with my math here. I'd like to make a 2-person quilt with the same characteristics as the upcoming 240 g/sm XP Cocoon quilt coming out in June. But try as I might, I can't seem to convert Ryan Jordan's statement of 240 g/sm to Thru-hiker.com's oz/yd measurements. Will this be one layer of 5oz/yd XP plus one layer of 2.5oz/yd XP?

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Not to be a shill for Google Nation (not to mention that my instinct is to say "learn some math") but …

if you enter:
    240 grams/sq. meter in ounces/sq. yard
    in google's search window, it'll answer:
    (240 grams) / (sq. meter) = 7.07844592 ounces / (sq. yard)

mark henley

@flash582

divide by .039

John Carter

@jcarter1

Locale: Pacific Northwest

That's a pretty cool google feature. But I don't see how BMW will make a 7oz/yd quilt using standard XP thicknesses. Near as I can tell it will be a single layer of 5oz/yd and a single layer of 2.5oz/yd. I suppose this is close enough for me.

EDIT: D'oh, Mountain Laurel Designs lists both imperial and metric weights in its list of quit specs for easy comparison.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools