Topic

New 8 oz Quilt – Mock AT

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear New 8 oz Quilt – Mock AT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mark henley

@flash582

After reading threads on the Arc AT, I decided to modify my old Summer quilt to simulate the size of the Arc AT, to see if I like it more than I did as a full size quilt, patterned after the JRB summer quilt.

The quilt was made out of 1.1 oz rip stop and 3 oz basis weight Primaloft. The Primaloft gives me a slightly higher CLO value than XP, or a bit over 2.2.

The dims are 54 inches long by 42 inches wide at the hip. I made the foot box tight, flat and 14 inches from top to bottom. Although snug, this should make it as efficient as possible, following the design of the Arc AT.

Although this is only a 46 degree quilt, and the Actual Arc AT is several inches longer and should be considerably warmer, this mock AT should be more than enough as a proof of concept to see if I want to invest in the Nunatak product.Mock Arc AT

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Nice job Mark – 8 oz. is 1.75 oz. lighter then my AT!

Any chance we can blow the photo up a bit?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools