Topic

Bozeman Vapr Bivy

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Bozeman Vapr Bivy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    baja bob
    BPL Member

@bajabob

Locale: West

Accidently posted in the wrong topic forum.

Anyways, for those of you who have the Vapr Bivy, I am curious as to how water repellent the Quantum top is?

I realize it probably won’t help in a down pour but am more interested in whether I should expect it to wet through say using it in the desert where morning dew is normally quite heavy.

Any experiences in wet conditions would be helpful. I’ve read the Lost Coast notes, but would like other experiences.

Also, any comments on the roominess of the bivy. I’m in the XL crowd (6’5″, 220lbs.)

Jason Shaffer

@pilgrim

You should be fine. I’ve gotten mine pretty wet (windblown rain) w/ minimal wetting through. My experiences have been in combo w/ a tarp though, but concerning dew that factor should be irrelevant. Tips:

Use a short guyline through the hood loop to lift the top of the bivy off of your bag.

Keep your DWR coating fresh (I use Revivex products).

Be careful in the morning when crawling out, pulling your bag out of the dewy bivy, etc. Its easy to get things wetter this way than by just lying asleep all night.

Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools