Topic

kovea jetboil ripoff.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) kovea jetboil ripoff.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

When I need liter after liter of boiling water as fast as possible, I take my jetboil.. now I see there is a variant of the design being sold by Kovea. Instead of a flux-ring, they use 'sunspots'.
    http://www.kovea.co.nz/main.cfm?id=3&cid=58&pid=194

Anonymous
    Inactive

From the looks of these stoves it appears that Markill changed it’s name or Kovea bought it out. Several years ago I purchased the Markill Hot Shot or Hot Rod which appears identical to the Kovea titanium. The valve would not penetrate deep enough to receive fuel from a variety of brand named canisters. I would avoid these stoves if they are rebranded Markills.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Well spotted, I have not seen that one before.
    Kovea are the manufacturers for a few brands. Not surprisingly there are many similarities for both stoves and gas cartridges between Kovea and some of the better known brands. Note that the Kovea version is heavier( about 3 oz) than the Jetboil.

Franco

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools