Topic

Great new food book!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Great new food book!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Ireland

@kudzoo

I just got a great new food book yesterday called Travel Light Eat Heavy! He is also doing a two for one sale as an “introductory offer.” I just finished reading it and it looks like my new favorite food book(and I already have 7, i just counted). It is all done in zip bags with grocery store ingredients and includes weights, calories, nutrition, and everything else for every recipe. It also has lots of other great info in it that I hadn’t heard before. I’m going hiking on Blue Knob (Altoona, PA) this weekend and can’t wait to try it.
    Check it out for your self at http://www.travellighteatheavy.com.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Patrick,

Thanks for posting. In 2 or 3 days, looks like I’ll be eating as well as you. Appreciate the info.

Bon appetite and happy trails.

Patrick Ireland

@kudzo

I had the ingredients for the Curried Cashew Rice and I tried it for supper. It was great! I think you will like it as much as I do.

Happy eating,
    Kudzo

David White
    BPL Member

@davidw

Locale: Midwest

I’ve had great success with the recipes on the Freezer Bag Cooking website (http://www.freewebs.com/freezerbagcooking/). Since the website is free, I’m wondering if I’d really gain anything over just using the website.

I’d love to browse the book first, but its not in our local bookstores yet.

Bottom line, I admit it, I’m cheap — but I’d still buy the book if it added to my enjoyment of trail meals!

paul johnson

@pj

David,

they sent me two books since they had a two-for-one deal. what am i gonna’ do with a second copy??? i’ll mail you the second, unused copy if you want it. i can mail to the USA and possibly Canada. i’m not sure of the cost to Canada or other countries – hence my reluctance to state something i might later wish i hadn’t said (see…i’m “cheap” too) . you can email me your “snail mail”/postal address.

[email protected]

[that’s the numeral zero, not a capital ‘O’.]

thanks for the link to the website. i’m going to check it out.

anyone else, can also email me. David has the first “shot” at it. however, if David doesn’t respond/email me within, let’s say….5 days, i’ll mail it out to the first one who emails me.

also, please don’t email me after 15oct2005. the book will undoubtedly be gone by then. thanks.

David White
    BPL Member

@davidw

Locale: Midwest

Thanks for the extremely kind offer. I’ve sent you an email with the info you needed.

Thanks again and also thanks for the many thoughtful and helpful posts you made on this forum. I’ve learned a lot from them.

paul johnson

@pj

i’ll go and check my email now. i’ve checked a number of times since first posting the offer, but not in the last 6 or 7 hours (5 hours??? i’ve lost track of time).

thanks again for the link you provided. looks like a very informative website. appreciate you sharing it with us here in the Forums.

thank you for the compliment. i only try to be helpful by posting. i’ve always disliked not knowing something, so i’m probably projecting my own mindset here onto others – hence my rush to post a reply. my real wish is that others far more knowledgeable in each area would post instead. given my poor memory, i don’t really feel either competent to nor confident when i post info – even in areas in which i have trained or used to have more than a modicum of knowledge/experience. i’m just forgetting so much these days (my “old-timers”). please, alway check out things i write with a true, reputable source or an expert. plus, i write too fast and don’t always reread what i write to make sure that it is clear and understandable. i actually keep on telling myself (for months now) not to post anymore. there are times when i’m way too verbose (nearly always) and then there are times in the midst of that verbosity when a statement requires some clarification/elaboration and i fail to do so, probably leaving the wrong picture in the mind of the reader. at one point, i used to delete my posts, but was “spanked” for doing so. now, in most cases, i leave the poorly written things as they are (except, mostly, for attempting to correct spelling errors noticed later on).

take care. i best go check my email.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools