Topic

Backpack near Seattle?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Backpack near Seattle?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Stephan Guyenet

@guyenet

I’m looking for someone to go backpacking with in the Seattle area. I find myself having to motivate and organize my friends just to get them into the backcountry and it’s wearing me down. So much so that I’ve begun going solo.

I’d like to meet someone who’s experienced and has his or her own gear so we could just take off without a weeks’ worth of gear checks and planning. Someone who can handle the backcountry so I won’t have to worry about coddling them. Someone who’s laid back and hopefully has some skills that I don’t (like snow travel or climbing). Lightweight hikers would be preferable, but as long as you can do 15+ miles a day I suppose it doesn’t really matter how much weight you want to carry.

I get out first and foremost to enjoy nature. I stop to observe things and pay attention to my surroundings. I’m an amateur naturalist (emphasis on amateur) and I like to learn. Backpacking is not a race to me. I like to keep it simple: I use a tarp, often leave the cookware at home, and don’t usually bring superfluous luxury items. I enjoy having adventures and being challenged. I also like to joke around and have a good time. I practice strict leave no trace ethics.

The main backpacking season is waning here but I still want to get out a couple more times before the weather turns foul. Drop me a line if you’re interested. [email protected]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools