Topic

Equinox bivy owners: question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Equinox bivy owners: question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rob Mcrae

@emptyman

Locale: the other, big Ontario

Hey there – I just can't tell from the pictures – does the equinox bivy come with any kind of bug netting/ head covering?
    I am still debating bivy options.
    Actually, I can't decide whether to go with just a bivy under my tarp, or to buy something like the MLD Serenity Shelter, which looks like luxurious heaven, really. Very tempting.

have a good one.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

My equinox bivy has no netting. It does have a hood of sorts, but I don't use the hood.

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

No Rob, this bivy does not come with bug netting; however, don't let this discourage you from getting one. This is my bivy of choice for better weather (it is not waterproof, just water repellent) as it is one of the lightest at 7 oz, breathes well, and fulfills its function well of keeping the dew off my down bag. When the bugs are out I just put on my head net, which is impregnated with Sawyer's permethrin, so goodbye bugs! I have entertained the notion of sewing on some netting but haven't gotten around to it yet; that would be something easily done. During the dry season I don't even bother with a tarp or tent as it is so much nicer sleeping under the stars and I'm comfortable knowing the Equinox will keep my bag dry from dew. At $60 it's a pretty good investment.

Rob Mcrae

@emptyman

Locale: the other, big Ontario

Just the info I was looking for.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools