Topic

I Want A Vintage Backpack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) I Want A Vintage Backpack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    David Ure

@familyguy

Hi Ryan – here are some pics of the Mariposa. Note that I had custom longer shoulder straps put on from standard.

m2

m1

m3

m4

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Gorgeous pack David!

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Awesome, thanks David. That is a nice looking pack! They have a couple shades of green I am leaning towards right now. Let us know how it carries, etc when you get a chance.

Ryan

David Ure

@familyguy

If you have any specific questions about the pack, let me know.

There is an inner piece of foam for the backpanel that is remarkably stiff and not removable (which is fine for a day pack). So far it has proven really comfortable. Moreso than my Talon 22, although given its lack of belt, I am not sure why. It may be because the Mariposa has a wide contact patch against the pack.

Angelo R.
    Spectator

@zalmen_mlotek

Locale: Northwest CT

I have been eying the mariposa, lupine and hiphugger ever since Eric Hardee made me my Jensen a few years ago and told me they were working on re-introducing day packs.

Thanks for the photos. As much as I love my MLD gear, sometimes I like to take trips using vintage gear just for the hell of it. I will most likely order a mariposa in shire clay and maybe a matching hiphugger.

I have a few select vintage items:
    RMW Jensen (reproduction)
    Early Winters Light Dimension
    Gerry Lodgepole Tent
    Alpenlite daypack
    Early Winters Alpinist's lantern
    Eddie Bauer Kara Koram sleeping bag
    Snow Lion mittens and booties

David Ure

@familyguy

Angelo – how do you like your Jensen? How does it compare to other frameless packs that you own, especially without compression? Love the style of it.

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools