Topic

Heads up!!– look at this video!!!!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Heads up!!– look at this video!!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John austin

@tinny

This is a link to a video clip of a homemade jetboil that is extremely hot and will boil 16 oz in the same time as the original jetboil plus weighs a pound less–http://www.minibulldesign.com/video/sst.wmv

turn down your volume it is loud!!!

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

Hi John, I really liked the picture of the Spam can. Sort of sums up what I think of your marketing approach.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

John,

You may not have much experience with Internet forums, but we generally adopt the acceptable Internet norm of keeping our forums commercial-free.

You may not be aware of BPL’s forum policy. We try to keep commercially-oriented posts out of here unless they are specifically addressing the context of an issue being discussed.

Please take some time to read our forum policy, which was recently articulated here.

We look forward to meaningful contributions from you in the future.

Ryan

John austin

@tinny

If you had not jumped to conclusions you would have noticed that this link was to a windows media player video and not to my commercial site. This was not a sales pitch and this stove is not for sale. Sometimes when you have a bad experience with someone you tend to think the worst of them without taking the time to check the facts. You would look much more professional if you took the time to check this out and let me do my thing.—Tinny–

John austin

@tinny

You are not a very nice person. I was just trying to show people something I thought was unique and quite interesting. This link is to a windows media player video not a direct link to my website. In order to show this to people i have to put it on the web somewhere and minibulldesign is where it is loaded. Please get your facts straight before ingaging your negative comment on a fun loving innocent person. This stove is not for sale on my site!!!!!!!!!!!! —-Tinny—

John austin

@tinny

What you think of my marketing approach is really not important to me or probably anyone else. Next time you feel the urge to vent just step away from the computer. People don’t need to see something this negative. If you had copied and pasted the link into your browser you would have seen it is not a link to my site. i know better than to do that.—Tinny—

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Dude, please chill.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Let’s keep the discussion on track to what John initially posted.

John: Please feel free to tell us more about the stove in the video. I’m sure our readers would love to know how to make one themselves, or view some burn rate/efficiency stats, etc.

You made bold claims about the stove in the video you posted. If they are true I’m sure everyone here would love to have some info to validate them and/or back them up. Would you like BackpackingLight.com to do a product review on that stove? I’m sure our readership would be eager for that. You are already in contact with the review staff for some of your other models, feel free to submit this stove as well.

If your claims can be backed up then you really do have a winner on your hands and we’re all eager to know about it.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

John,

I’m a big fan of your stoves, having purchased several from you. Really like that Mini-Sith you sold me.

Would really like to find out more about the stove in the video (and very likely purchase one – please make them available for “general consumption”). Hope you see fit to give BPL a chance to review it. One suggestion, if you don’t mind, make sure that you can make and ship hundreds/thousands or you’ll find yourself in a situation that another small mfr is now in after tieing for top honors in BPL’s Alc. Stove Test. Oh…like your nickname/trailname – very appropriate. Take care.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools