Topic

Foothills Trail in March- Recommendations?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Foothills Trail in March- Recommendations?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Charles Reneau

@charley289

Locale: Cascades and Oregon Coast Range

Hello,
    I'm hiking the Foothills Trail from March 16-20, from West to East. It's a 76 mile trail, in the foothills of the southern Appalachians in South Carolina .
    Has anyone out there walked this trail? Do you have any recommendations for the trip?
    Thanks kindly,
    Charley

Martin M. Clark
    BPL Member

@martin_m_clark

Locale: Southeast US

I have camped in that area its incredible. March would be a good time to do it because It won't be too hot yet. It might be wet. The only resources I know of to point you to are the purebound.com website. Look under the trails section. The guy on that site billy has hiked it and is very willing to accept emails and answer any questions you may have bout the trail. I would also tell you to check out foothillstrail.org. You might be hard up to find rides to the terminii. Hope this helps.

– Marty

ERIC PAYNE
    Spectator

@vaporjourney

Locale: Greater Gila

Definitely do this hike. Although I haven't hiked that trail specifically, I have done lots of hiking in the southwestern corner of NC. Such a fantastic area. I'm thinking about thru-hiking this trail in April as a shakedown for PCT this April.

Check out http://www.whiteblaze.net . There is a forum there for 'other trails' where there is lots of info on the Foothills Trail. Quite a few people have hiked it, and everyone seems to have loved it. You could find out anything you needed to know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools