Topic

“On The Road”

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips “On The Road”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jonathan hauptman

@6hauptman6

Locale: A white padded room in crazy town.

I am planning to hit the open road for 4.5 months(mid April-August). I will call it my "On The Road" tour. I will be using a motor-assisted bicycle as my main means of transportation(150+ mpg). I will be planning a number of hikes/climbs/bikes/etc… I will be leaving lots of time in between for lazy wandering and whatever crosses my path. I will start here at home in Pa and move westward. Route will be kept flexible and I anticipate many changes on a whim.

A teaser of some ideas are:

Climbs-Cascades(Hood/Shasta/etc..)

Hikes-Colorado Trail Yo-Yo(this is one that I attempted last summer, but injured my leg/I have not been able to get that failure out of my head since)/John Muir Trail Yo-Yo(with no 2nd vehicle a yo-yo or hitching back are my only affordable options)/etc…

Bikes-White Rim Trail(I have done this one before, but this time I will not have a support vehicle.)/etc…

Right now I am finishing some gear mods/saving more money/cont. training to get in shape from slow winter/finishing my planning. I will have my laptop and intend post my successful/failed adventures.

As a side point, I usually do a multi-month road trip every summer. I have been doing this for about four years now and it is great for the mind/body/etc… People get obsessed with the 365 work schedule and forget to take the me-time we all need. Anyway, happy trails to anyone else with their own big summer plans under way.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools