Topic

Hot tea drinkers HELP!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Hot tea drinkers HELP!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Roddie Larsen

@hotrod

If you have a sewing machine, do what I do. Sew up small bags on three sides from thin pellon or even coffee filters; they don't have to be perfect. Fill with proper amount of tea leaves and stitch shut on fourth side. Don't even bother to tie off, just let the thread dangle. This is lots easier than it sounds, and allows the use of leaves without the mess.

Mark Alvarez
    Spectator

@creaky

Locale: New England

For what it's worth, the Brits I walk with–culturally serious tea drinkers–all use teabags. Wouldn't think of going loose. Too much faffing about, they say.

Christopher Holden
    BPL Member

@back2basics

Locale: Southeast USA

Sheila,
    http://www.teafortwoandmore.com/
    I didn't see them online, but if you call, they sell the sock thing you mention… and it's Nashville, not south of the border.
    Chris

Scott Ashdown

@waterloggedwellies

Locale: United Kingdom

As another poster has already said, here in the UK we're big tea drinkers so the range here is huge.

The majority of people here drink English Breakfast tea(A blend of Assam and Ceylon)and despite its name, not just at breakfast time.

Tea bags are more popular than loose tea.

It also possible to get Freeze Dried tea in a jar in the same way you can get freeze dried coffee. The tea is made, water extracted and the remainng granules sold. This can be really useful when backpacking. You can dispense the required amount into individual sachets before your trip and when you need a drink just add the granules to your hot water.

You can also get a powdered tea here that has powdered milk already added. I don't think the powdered tea is quite as good as the freeze dried (taste wise) but it does have the powdered milk as well so that can save youmore packaging etc. Both products are easily available in supermarkets here.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools