Topic

Lightweight Camp Chairs?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lightweight Camp Chairs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!

I’m trying to find a lightweight camp chair to take to Philmont next year (10 days of hiking). Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Mike

William Siemens

@alaskaman

Some people like the Slinglight chair…see their website. I have Kifaru Field Chair, 9 oz, and like it a lot…its very compact, you can fit it anywhere in your pack. And I use it even inside my tarptent, for night time reading. Another possiblility, I remember in Colin Fletcher’s books, (The complete walker) he talked about using his walking staff to prop up his e-frame pack, to make a nice backrest. If you could dope out how to do that, maybe with some kind of little socket sewn onto your pack, that would be a minimal weight solution. Or, if you’re using a thermarest, their chair kits are comfy. I’ve tried ’em, still prefer the Kifaru rig. Cheers, Bill

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

I found a simlar chair to the sling chair, but much smaller and lighter (maybe 1 lb)… can’t find the name of it now though…

Jim Busick

@earthroamer

Requires a Thermarest pad, but I always take my Trekker Chair (10.5 oz).

http://tinyurl.com/6ag8d

Mark Regalia
    BPL Member

@markr

Locale: Santa Cruz

You can lower the weight by buying the lightest closed cell foam pad and cutting it to match the chair. My chair plus pad weighs 16 oz. It doubles as a dog bed and as a backup in case my air mattress goes flat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools