Topic

bug: Problem following links from “last 50 posts”

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support bug: Problem following links from “last 50 posts”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jaiden .

@jaiden

When I view the last 50 posts, in the right column there is the list of the forum in which the post was created. If you click on the forum name, it's supposed to take you there, but lately this has been broken. The link is like this example:
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/display_forum.html?id=5yqNhUTA:**MYIPADDRESS**?forum=18
    Where **MYIPADDRESS** replaces my real IP (that is, the url has my ip in it, but I removed it for this post)
    It will then say "The specified forum no longer exists or never existed."

Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

I can't replicate this. Can you please try again? You can always drop me a line in the support issue interface, and we can dialogue directly.
    Thanks!
    Addie

Jaiden .

@jaiden

I'm not sure what the "support issue interface" is exactly. But yes, I can replicate the issue every time, from multiple locations. I use firefox, perhaps this is significant?

peter kvamme

@karacolor

Locale: midwest

I am having the same issue. Some days it works, some days it does not.
    I also am a firefox user, and a Mac user for what its worth.

To restate the problem, when clicking on a category from the "last 50 posts" page, an error page comes up saying "
    The specified forum no longer exists or never existed."
    This is the link I get when I try to click on the MYOG category from the 50 last posts page
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/display_forum.html?id=BCS6w24S:69.92.231.32?forum=38

Anonymous

Fixed.

Jaiden .

@jaiden

thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools