Topic

(Video) Day Trip – Boreas Pass, Breckenridge CO.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports (Video) Day Trip – Boreas Pass, Breckenridge CO.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rod Guajardo

@rod_g-2-2

Locale: Central Texas

While visiting Denver for work from South Texas, my girlfriend and I drove over to Breckenridge to check out some sites and of course, the mountains. While there, I hoped to get out into the backcountry and do a little hiking and/or snowshoeing. One quick stop at the local visitors center and we had our plan in hand. A map to a local outfitter for snowshoe rental as well as directions to a trailhead called Boreas Pass.
    Below is a short video of our little adventure. As you watch, please keep in mind that my girlfriend, Rosemary, has never seen snow in person, much less snowshoed. So any falling snow is a blizzard to her. :)

CLICK HERE TO WATCH

I couldn't have asked for much more. The weather was nice, met some great people along the trail, and most importantly I got to share some of my love for the outdoors with my girlfriend.

Also, thumbs up on the Inov-8 Roclite 390's, kept my feet dry and warm all day. Thanks again to the folks at BPL, the people here helped prepare us for a safe and comfortable day with lightweight gear.

Ohhhh… and here is a pic of Andy Skurka and I after his presentation at the Denver REI. Great show, highly recommend! Just to listen to him get excited while he takes you through the his Great Western Loop trek is inspiring.

Andrew Skurka and I

Thanks for looking,
    Rod

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools