Topic

plant reference book?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique plant reference book?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Cadorin
    BPL Member

@jeffcadorin-2

Locale: paper beats rock

What is worth my time to read when it comes to plant identification? Looking for home or field reference guides.

thanks
    Jeff

bobby c

@bobbycartwright

Locale: i don't need no stinkin badges!

That's a really good starting point IMO. I've had mine for years and years. While it's not a book on natives, it includes many that you will commonly encounter. This is the bible for many nurserymen around the country.

Nat Lim

@lithiummetalman

Locale: Cesspool Central!

Check out Jepson's Manual.

It's HUGE, UGLY, & HEAVY, nonetheless this hefty little book is basically the best (IMHO) bible for anyone who loves Californian natives!

Jeff Cadorin
    BPL Member

@jeffcadorin-2

Locale: paper beats rock

looks like I have alot of reading ahead of me. Any good smaller field guides? something to take along on shorth overnights when im honing my skills.

thanks again
    Jeff

Thomas R. Conroy
    BPL Member

@trconroyearthlink-net

Locale: Sierra

Take a look at the just-published "Laws Field Guide to the Sierra Nevada" by John Muir Laws. It's superb!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools