Topic

2008 AT NOBO List

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists 2008 AT NOBO List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Travis Newman

@tarmand12

Locale: AT

Hello all,
    This is my projected 2008 NOBO gear list. I will be starting in early May and pushing to finish by late August, as you know a rather speedy thru. Any suggestions for weight reduction would be greatly appreciated, as well as any ideas for gear substitution/reduction. Thanks,
    Travis

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pFmKHhjNkYdCz95siwintew

Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East

Welcome to BPL Travis. How do you feel about using the GG Nightlight torso as your sleep pad? I have only tried pairing it with a 1/8 pad and I'm tempted to go back to my POE pad.

Although I haven't been able to wear out my pad, 4 months might be an issue as I have read reports about compression loss.

Also, I see that you're using a tarp, but no bivy. Did you consider adding a bivy?

Travis Newman

@tarmand12

Locale: AT

Thanks for the comments. I have not had any issues with compression on the torsolite so far, but your right it might be a good idea to maybe have another one at home just in case. A bivy is one thing that I have been thinking a lot about. I justified against it so far because shelters are so prolific along the A.T. Yet the weight gain of a BMW bivy or an oware one would only raise my packed weight by four ounces if I scraped the Polycro ground cloth. It would also help a lot for nights in rain under the tarp. It is something that I am going to have to continue to think hard about.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools