Topic

Where can I find the Enlightened Gear – Malcontent?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Where can I find the Enlightened Gear – Malcontent?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Vischulis

@mjvischu

I noticed this tarp/tent in the recent Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2005 dispatches:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/enlightened_malcontent_tent_system_1.html

I find it very interesting and a possible contender in my search for a new tent. However, I cannot seem to locate the tent or parent company to find out more. Is this company just too new? Does anyone know where I can find this tent and/or company? What do people think about the tent?

Thanks!

Matthew Vischulis

@mjvischu

Can anyone help me with finding this tent?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Yes, I remember reading about this — very interesting concept. Alas, I can’t find anything else about them either.

I hope this isn’t anything like “Light is Right”…

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Ben,

i still have a link to LIR. site never seems to update. was it a “spoof” from the outset? or, did they never quite get off the ground?

edit:
    Jacob,
    thanks for the reply. i appreciate it. had forgotten (if i ever knew it to begin with) that Dr. J had some prototypes. my memory for most things is not very good any longer. i’m going to keep the link & check it from time to time. if it ever becomes a real company, i’ll post such info here in the Forums. thanks again.

jacob thompson
    Spectator

@nihilist37

I remember Dr. J. mentioning that he had seen a few of their prototypes and that they looked quite promising. But like you I’ve checked from time to time and nothing has changed. I’m going to agree with your suggestion that they may never have been able to go through with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools