Topic

New Panasonic underwater cameras

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography New Panasonic underwater cameras

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I had the pleasure of testing the new Panasonic still and video range. They have 3 new marine cases (120 ') to accommodate 5 of the new cameras. Overall I was very impressed with the results from the underwater shots. The "underwater" mode does bring up the colors very nicely. The cases are also a bit cheaper than the previous versions. Obviously this is of no relevance to the average backpacker, but it is to the rafters and divers that lurk around here.
    This is one of the shots. Not the best by any means but one available to me.
    ( I don't swim, so I was on terra firma or the boat)
    Franco
    This one is from a TZ15Pana FZ 15

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

Franco,

Are these the ones that were brought up in another thread that have a base line submersible depth of like 5-10', and have 'accessory' cases that can let them go down farther?

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Hi Joshua
    The 120' rated underwater housing (marine case) makes them "underwater cameras". Of course this solution has been available for some time from several brands, but price/quality wise the new Pana offerings are pretty good.
    They all have a wide angle lens, useful for two reasons
    1) water makes an object appear about 25% closer
    2) they let you move closer to the subject. The closer you are the clearer the picture ( more or less…)
    The underwater mode also helps getting the contrast and levels right so that you end up with a nice colorful shot.
    Franco

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools