Topic

PCT Atlas: NEW!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web PCT Atlas: NEW!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard Allen

@roninpb

Those of you still looking for PCT info should take a look at Eric's new PCT Atlas (pctatlas.com).

Specially the binder format. Should be LTW, *very* user friendly, and easily updated/modded. And dirt cheap for what you get! :-)

FYI: I have no affiliation w/Eric or Blackwoods press. Just a "happy camper."

Peace,

Richard.

ERIC PAYNE
    Spectator

@vaporjourney

Locale: Greater Gila

I'm getting the PCT Atlas for my thru-hike this year. It looks like a great solution to the downfalls of the other books. I still may carry some of Yogi's book though for advice, and possibly some of the wilderness press book for geological info. At least the PCT Atlas will have all of the necessary navigational info need in one place.

Greyson Howard

@greyhound

Locale: Sierra Nevada

It doesn't look like each book would come out in time for a thru-hike this year, unless you are one of the 25 testers picked.

ERIC PAYNE
    Spectator

@vaporjourney

Locale: Greater Gila

Luckily, I was one of the 25 testers who were picked this year. Looking at the pctatlas site again, it looks like the testers will only receive the first section of the trail for testing. Oh well. If I wind up liking it, I will just purchase the WA section when it's made available.

Even if we can only get the socal and WA sections, that would be better than none. I can however foresee the depression of having to revert to the traditional Wilderness Press versions exclusively though if only half of the trail is covered with Erik's books.

Kirk Beiser

@kab21

Locale: Pic: Gun Lake, BWCA

Hey I hiked with him for a couple of days last year. He was pretty cool. It looks like he did a good job on those. I'm almost done printing out all of the More Than A Mile maps (which are decent). But I would prefer those. This should be a good resource for future PCT hikers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools