Topic

What is wrong with glove quality control?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) What is wrong with glove quality control?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    P S

@petesull

Maybe I'm just unlucky, or maybe I'm just ordering last year's stock and getting the returns, but I've had three pairs of gloves now with the same defect: the seam on the index finger is sewn incorrectly so that the side of the finger with the grip on it is sideways, leaving the seam running down the middle of the front of the finger.

Is this that common? These aren't cheap gloves, and are from companies generally known to produce great products: Arcteryx, Cloudveil and Smartwool. The only similarity is "Made in China." In fact, now I remember when I ordered work gloves from Kinco, I had the same problem on one of the pairs–hand made in the U.S. (I think).

Has this happened to you guys? It's a minor defect on these soft gloves–and I'm probably OCD–but still annoying.

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

I have had this happen before. I believe it has to do with them cutting the material on the bias.

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

Peter,
    have you contacted the manufacturers about this? Seems like a perfect example of bad workmanship which should make it eligible for warranty.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!