Topic

Superlight WB Bivy

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Superlight WB Bivy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jonathan hauptman

@6hauptman6

Locale: A white padded room in crazy town.

I am considering replacing the drawcord closure on a Montbell Breeze Dry-Tec U.L. Sleeping Bag Cover with a waterproof zipper. The completed weight with no stuff sack would be 6-7oz.
    What does anyone think about this idea? Does anyone here have experience with this bag cover? How waterpoof? How breathable? Durability of bottom? Etc……
    I am considering this for fast alpine ascents in the Cascades, Colorado Rockies, and the High Sierra. Season being mid May-late June. No more than one night slept on mountain per climb.
    So does anyone think this is feasable or am I just being delusional! If not, any suggestions? I want something light, waterproof/breathable, and cheap(big emphasis on cheap-poor student here).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools