Topic

Micro Puff $99 or Thermawrap $75?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Micro Puff $99 or Thermawrap $75?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Paul Sturrock

@byblow

Help! Which is the better deal? The Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover for $99 or the MontBell U.L. Thermawrap Action Jacket for $75? I'd rather have a Cocoon UL 60 pullover, but I can't afford one.

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

The Thermawrap is my most used piece of insulated gear, very lightweight and layers well with my other clothing. I would start with the Thermawrap unless you plan to spend a lot of time in colder weather, say <30 degrees. Then the greater warmth/weight ratio of the Micropuff might prove more valuable to you. It depends on your needs, they are both really fine jackets.

Paul Sturrock

@byblow

Andrew, I would use it almost entirely from late spring to early fall, mostly in the Rockies and Tetons. I want it to pull double duty supplementing a synthetic quilt, e.g., a BPL UL 180 Quilt or Fanatic Fringe Ultralight 30 Deg Quilt.

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Fit might be another factor to look at. The Thermawrap parka is cut a little tighter in the hips than the MicroPuff parka. I don't know if the fit is the same in their vest lines.

Dave Lame
    BPL Member

@dmjjpy

Those are good prices.

Gail Lusk

@alohatink

Locale: In the Middle of No Where!

http://www.us-parks.com/gear_details/Patagonia_Mens_Micro_Puff_Pullover_20003.html

They just sold out at the US Parks :( for the $99 ones

but they do have the newest ones only in the XL in green and XL in Spark on sale for $109 till Feb 12 only!

Steve O

@hechoendetroit

Locale: South Kak

FYI you can get the micropuff direct from patagonia for 82$ + shipping. Promo codes might be available if you take the time to google for them

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Where is the $75 one at?

Nathan F
    BPL Member

@nathan-f

modernmountainman.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools