Topic

Patagonia Spring lineup

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Matt LP BPL Member
PostedJan 29, 2008 at 7:23 pm

l like the look of the new Thatcher and Tenzing (especially the Thatcher).
It is light and looks to be quick-draining. I also like their new Runshade zip short sleeve tee. I have always had great success with Patagonia gear. Plus, with smart shopping one can find a lot of deals.

PostedJan 29, 2008 at 7:37 pm

They brought back the Ultra shorts. My favorite running shorts, great fit, and a good length. Great pockets that keys refuse to fall out of.

Matt LP BPL Member
PostedJan 29, 2008 at 7:56 pm

I love them as well. I have put the Ultras through a lot, and they perform as well as day one.

Ryan Teale BPL Member
PostedJan 29, 2008 at 10:23 pm

I see the Micro Puff pullover is no longer available and has been replaced with a full zip version. They already killed the old version of the vest by adding a full zip and pockets and have now done the same with the new Jacket. They just keep adding weight and complexity. I am eyeing the Sol Patrol Pants as the perfect travel/trekking pant at 7 ounces. You can wear them out to dinner but they weigh about the same as some "wind" pants. You can bring a pair of shorts along and still be ahead of most goofy looking zip off options. The Runshade tops look great and the Ultra shorts are a great design. I think I would go for a Spraymaster with pit zips if they made it.

PostedJan 29, 2008 at 11:01 pm

The Sol Patrol pants look cool, except they – along with every other pair of pants on the website – don't come in long inseams for us tall skinny folks!

Discrimination I say!

We pay more for sleeping bags, have heavier pack weights, and wang our heads on things… Glen Van Peski knows what I'm talking about.

Matt LP BPL Member
PostedJan 30, 2008 at 5:27 am

The pullover should be back later in the year; they rotate things in and out of their site often.

PostedJan 30, 2008 at 8:22 am

I am also intrigued by the new Patagonia shoes (Thatcher and Tenzing).

Matthew, I don't suppose you know of places that might carry their shoes around here? I haven't seen any at REI.

Matt LP BPL Member
PostedJan 30, 2008 at 8:35 am

I was just in So. Cal and visited their Ventura headquarters store. They did not have them in stock then. They are available at onlineshoes.com. I have a pair of NB800's which are still pretty new, but I might have to splurge for a pair of Thatchers and report back.

PostedJan 30, 2008 at 9:06 am

Darn, I realized I had never set a locale, so you didn't realize we were from the same area. I've been trying to find decent places to get gear in Pittsburgh. So far I've been using REI and Excursion in Monroville.

I wish Patagonia had their footwear at Zappos, I'm more willing to buy shoes online with their easy and quick returns.

Matt LP BPL Member
PostedJan 30, 2008 at 10:01 am

Whoa, that's sweet that you are from "the 'Burgh!" I don't see too many people who hike (especially with little weight) in our area. That is sad since there is a lot of great spots around (I really enjoy the ANF). You are right about the gear shops. I depend on those two also. I wish Zappos carried the shoes from Patagonia as well. Regardless, I may have to order a pair sometime. I have a pair of Patagonia sandals, and they are great. I checked some of their other pairs in NYC and Ventura, and they looked very well made. These lightweight ones sure have an interesting design.

Go Stillers!:)

PostedMar 7, 2009 at 10:45 am

Hey guys. Nate from Exkursion here. You will be interested in a piece that Patagonia has coming for fall '09 called the Nano Puff Pullover. It comes in at a scant 9oz. We'll have it here at the shop early in the fall.

PostedMar 7, 2009 at 4:43 pm

As much as I love the Patagonia anything the fit of their stuff drives me crazy. Their shoes are to widee for my feet. Their size Large Traverse jacket fits perfect (slim fit) whereas the Capilene T's (slim fit) sit on me like an XL. I have no where to try them on, only mail order.

Still looking for that all elusive Specter Pullover.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Loading...