Topic

Planet Fear Aluminum Foil Pans

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Planet Fear Aluminum Foil Pans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

Definitely recyclable and BPL worthy.

http://www.planetfear.com/product_detail.asp?d_id=9&c_id=19&s_id=512&p_id=11202

The conversion of 12 grams equals 0.423287 ounces. Package of 3 for about $7 (2.20 British Pounds).

These are the cuben fiber of cookware.

You can subscribe to the Planet Fear newsletter and they have some pretty cool stuff sometimes.

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

Those are pretty sweet…

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

Christopher,
    Do you have some of these?

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

No, I don't have any of these. I cruise their site every once in a while and noticed these. They have good reviews sometimes and some decent lightweight gear. They used to carry the OMM packs, I was checking those out before I bought my first UL pack.

They carry the balloon bed as well.

I will probably order a set of the pans once summer gets closer.

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Dollars to donuts (mmm, donuts) you can find them on the grocery shelf being used as food containers (which, given the crimp closure they surely are). Hopefully containing something you like to eat!

Or, buy them by the thousand?

http://www.instawares.com/aluminum-utility-cup-4.423-30.0.7.htm

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

Something for BPL to source in?

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

I have zero involvement in gear shop decisions, but I could imagine there being potential interest in something like this–perhaps mixed-size sets considering the dozens of sizes and shapes available. Now, where the heck are the titanium versions? ;-)

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

How the heck would you pack a 'pot' like that without munting it?

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

But I can't come up with a definition for munting, so I'll presume it's Kiwispeak for mangling or some other transitive verb indicating you've crushed your little aluminum foil pot.

I'm not sure, other than after a comic pause saying, "Very carefully." It would probably need to go inside something rigid (a bowl, your "other" cookpot?) or have something carefully packed inside to fend off the other packed items.

Shaving those last few possible grams is a real challenge; ask NASA.

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

Oops, I guess I should stick to international english when posting. Munt, munted, munting are indeed all slang;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56wq_bZYrtA

Picture is worth a thousand words.

Those 'pots' look so fragile that I would rather go cook free rather than try to keep them from getting crushed in my pack. But I can see the appeal to the extremists…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools