Topic

High Altitude Clothing System

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism High Altitude Clothing System

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Walter Pickett
    BPL Member

@wpick

Hello All.

I appreciate this forum! Now for my question to the experts out there. What would you have in a lightweight clothing system if you were traveling above timberline (12,500′-14,500;) in the winter?

I’m still converting to the lightweight way of thinking. But I’m still not convinced that windblocker pants are the way to go vs. the traditional pile and gore-tex overpants approach. What are your thoughts, experiences and comments?

Walter

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

I’m not the skinniest guy ever, but in New Mexico in February and Colorado in early March I wore:
    1. Patagonia boxers and silkweight T-shirt
    2. Patagonia Silkweight Capilene top and Bottom
    4. Patagonia R2 Jacket
    3. Patagonia Krushell Jacket and Black Diamond Alpine Pants
    4. Wild Things EP jacket and Pants. I was comfortable to about Zero with everything on stting around melting snow. It was pretty windy with temps in NM from single digits to high teens and clear. CO was snow, howling winds and temps down to mid teens.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools