Topic

a Tasar Gun for Black Bear Protection?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion a Tasar Gun for Black Bear Protection?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Using a taser is not a form of torture. That is ridiculous. If a perp is not complying to an officers demands, then what recourse does the officer have? What if the perp has a knife? I think a taser is far less torture than being dead

carl becker
    Spectator

@carlbecker

Locale: Northern Virginia

I do believe pepper spray reacts violently to the nose. A bear uses its nose to find food. The bear needs to eat as much as possible to survive winter well. IMHO a good scare works much better then spray as far as the bears health is concerned. If shock scares them badly enough then it is the better tool. Just like noise makers or rubber bullets. I would rather be shocked then shot or beat. I would rather not suffer any of this given a choice.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

I think you can scare away black bears

Grizzly bears are more likely to require pepper spray

If you don't use pepper spray, and the bear attacks you, then they will go after the bear and kill it, so using pepper spray would be much healthier for the bear

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools