Topic

Food bag and little backpack.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Food bag and little backpack.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Fillion

@smif

Locale: North-Western Ontario

Have you ever been at the airport, heading to some country far away where you’ll be hiking for 6 weeks and you don’t bring a little carry on backpack just because you don’t want to lug the darn thing around in your main pack during the trek.

I was faced with this dilemma.. I always wished I’d had my little mec Bullet pack with me but it was just too darn heavy :(

I was recently reading a review on here about a 4 ounce backpack made from a 25L draw string bag. I thought that would be great but I’d hate to even add another 4oz of weight to my pack and thats when I had an idea. I have a 3oz food bag which is waterproof and fairly durable because I used it to hang my food in trees so bears can’t get at it. It occured to me that I could use the same design as the pack I saw reviewed and use the food bag as a backpack for those times when I’d just LOVE to have a little backpack :)

I bought some 3/4 webbing and ladderlocs and did a little sewing a presto. The only added weight to my pack was the webbing and I’ve got a 4oz waterproof 7L backpack!

http://www.picturica.com/litepack.jpg

I recommend this to anyone that’s always wishing they had that small pack on a trip ;)

Cheers,
    Chris

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

Here is a picture of Chris’s pack.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools