Topic

My gear list(s): will all of it fit into golite ion?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists My gear list(s): will all of it fit into golite ion?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

G List 1: This is the gear I am planing to take when I go to training camps.

Cap Balaclava (Woolen)
    Under-wear (2)
    rain poncho
    Nylon & Wollen socks (2+2)
    Capilene tshirts (2)
    Small torch
    Toilet requisites
    Woollen Gloves (2)
    merino wool Pullover
    Woollen base layer (top +bottom)
    Trek pant
    small Towel
    Sandals

G list 2: This my gear for 2-4 days hikes/cycling expeditions (off monsoon).

1/8" sleeping pad trimmed (similar to GG thinlite)
    Sleeping bag (very compact)
    Small torch
    Toilet requisites
    merino wool Pullover
    small Towel
    Trek pant
    plate & spoon

Thats my gear. Those who use or have used golite ion, do you think both these list will fit into ion? I am new here and need all the advice I can get. If you any suggestions please tell me. Thanks

Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East

You can create a very rough simulation of the ion by using an old garbage bag, some math and duct tape. Check this out:

click here

Joshua Knapp

@joshjknapp

Locale: Northern Mn, Superior Hiking Trail

What about water and food? You will have to take that into consideration. At 1500ci and no mesh pockets or straps the ion seems to be a very specialized pack for very good weather. If it was me I would get something more versatile, like the Jam 2. Just my 2 cents.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

IMO what you listed will fit (if that's all). I've fit a sub 5lbs gear list and 30k calories in an Ion plus 2.5 liters of water. It's got to be compact though for sure.

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

thanks for all replies. I think 1500cc will fit my gear or rather I have to find gear thats fits into my 1500cc pack.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools