Topic

Arizona Hikers

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Arizona Hikers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Would anyone know the current water situation in the Superstitions? I have some time off in the next couple of weeks and would like to do hike if the water report permits. Thanks, John

Andrew Richard

@fairweather8588

Locale: The Desert

No personal account from me, but we've had quite a rainy december (for AZ standards) and I believe that there should be plenty, check with local websites like HikeArizona.com and ArizonaHikers.com for more first-hand accounts

Brett Tucker

@blister-free

Locale: Puertecito ruins

http://www.simblissity.net/get/water-chart.shtml

The water source information isn't current, but offers a perspective on likely seasonal availability based on several years of observations (mostly spring and fall).

My suspicion is that most of the "2 or better" sources in the Superstitions portion of the GET should be flowing at this time, given the recent rains.

Michael Schurr

@mrschurr

Locale: SW US

We have had good rains recently, so water should not be a problem.

Andrew Richard

@fairweather8588

Locale: The Desert

Ok, so I went out to the "Supes" to see for myself… Every canyon of any length has a good flow of water, Boulder canyon is impassible and LaBarge and Peters canyons are holding moving water with some pools as deep as 8 feet. That should stick around for at least 2 months. Ive never seen this much agua out there in 3 years. Its quite nice!

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Ive never seen this much agua out there in 3 years. Its quite nice!"

That is exactly the reason for the inquiry. Thanks to all for you help and replies. I am looking forward to a few days over there. It has been awhile since I have been out there, about 3 years ago in March i believe, and there had been so much rain that the grass was waist to chest high in many places. But I also have been out there in mid-winter when there was nothing but pot-hole water. Thanks again, appreciate very much.

John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools