Topic

NNN BC Ski Boots

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) NNN BC Ski Boots

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas Sweeting

@mad_musher

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions for NNN BC ski boots. There doesn't really seem to be something out there that fits my needs, besides the Meindl Profi Expedition (http://www.sportsnett.no/m?/wsp/sportsnett/webon.cgi?func=show&table=PRODUCT&func_id=MDL3), which is very expensive.

I need a boot that is:

– Warm enough to about -30C when active.
    – Removable boot liner.

Thats about it… I don't know why they don't make NNN BC boots without removable liners. Seems kind of odd to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Nicholas

I don't think the NNN BC boots are meant for -30 C conditions. (They are fine at -3 C.)

And I don't think they are meant for the sort of things removable liners are meant for.

Really, they are Resort Loops ski boots imho.

Cheers

Richard Matthews

@food

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I had NNN BC bindings on my backcountry skis and replaced them with 3 pin cable bindings. The NNN bindings freeze and have a tendency to clog with willows, etc.

I still have NNN bindings on my skinny skis and they are great for that application.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Nicholas 'm Boy,

Why you'd want to ski on sandy -30F snow is beyond me. Very slow going. But if'n ya gota then ya gotta.

Ya need a double plastic "Telemark" B/C ski boot like the Scarpa T3 fer real cold weather. Get the loewst, most flexible double plastic boots out there. (Scarpa T3s as far as I know but I've been wrong before.) Plus, get a FULL insulated "supergaiter" that entirely covers your boots. Nothing less will keep your feet warm enough, even with those fancy new double boots

And DO NOT forget to remove the boot liners & put 'em in yer bag at night. You probably already know this trick but I say it anyhow B/C…"Froze Toze" are ugly and painful.

Eric

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools