Topic

Windpro Fleece Jacket w/ High Loft Interior?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Windpro Fleece Jacket w/ High Loft Interior?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ben R
    BPL Member

@snowfiend131

Locale: Colorado

My wife's EMS Divergence fleece jacket is wearing out, needs replacement, but is no longer available for sale. I'm looking for alternatives. The EMS Divergence uses Polartec Windpro fleece which has a smooth but soft exterior and fluffy high loft interior. It doesn't contain a wind blocking membrane, but supposedly is knitted tighter to resist wind a bit more than other fleece. The wife likes it as its warm and cozy without feeling like a full on coat. Are there any other fleece full zip jackets that are made from similar non-membrane high loft wind resistance fabric, or are otherwise similarly warm and wind resistant? This is for around town use, even for wearing around the house. She doesn't seem interested in soft shells. Lots of other fleeces are high loft (but not wind resistant), or wind proof (via a membrane and with a smooth interior), but not both. Thanks.

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

Hi Ben,

I don’t own one, just saw it this morning at the REI Deal of the Day, but wonder if BD has a woman’s version of it… Something you could research…

http://www.rei.com/outlet/deal-of-the-day

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

Nope.

And be quick as BD doesn’t offer them anymore. BTW, not sure it’s the fluffy kind as it uses 10,5 oz/yd² Windpro.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools