Topic

Long shot: light, compact ‘fitted sheet’ for couple’s joined mattresses?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Long shot: light, compact ‘fitted sheet’ for couple’s joined mattresses?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

I just picked up a twin quilt and I was wondering if anyone has come across a reasonably light and compact, synthetic, somewhat soft (brushed woven or fleece) fitted sheet to go over a pair of NeoAir or similar inflatable mattresses that are joined side-by-side with straps? I never bother when I solo, but just for comfort I thought I might try to find one of these for couple's use. Cheers, and TIA. On a related note: I own a nice sewing machine and I'm pretty handy with it, so I could also just make my own. I would just need to figure out what fabric would make the most sense. I might start a related thread in MYOG.

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

In the mean time I stumbled across the Feathered Friends Penguin 'groundsheet' which is basically a pair of side-by-side pad sleeves topped with brushed polyester and bottomed with nylon that can mate with their Penguin rectangular sleeping bag. It looks like a cool system. The Penguin groundsheet is 13.5-14.2 oz depending on length. Not exactly minimalist, but looks pretty comfy. http://featheredfriends.com/penguin-groundsheet.html/

Ross Bleakney
    BPL Member

@rossbleakney

Locale: Cascades

My wife and I have one of those and like it a lot. The fleece sheet is very comfortable and came in well under the published weight (sorry, I forget what I weighed it at). The only thing to be aware of is a small gap at the bottom of the bag, where the sleeping bag folds out. I think we put a bag there to keep out the breezes.

Will Newton
    BPL Member

@newts-2

Nemo makes a stretch jersey ‘Slipcover 2P’ in 2×20″ and 2×25″ widths, very slightly cheaper than the FF model (and available through the usual ActiveJunky + sale places); very few specs available but Amazon lists a shipping weight of 11.2oz, slightly under list for the FF model, likely due to the lack of zippers.

Rep for quality wise I’d go with FF; also the FF version is flat black, whereas the Nemo is hideous. The danger with getting the FF groundsheet is the eventual irresistible need to get the Penguin or Condor to go along with it. ;)

Crow
    BPL Member

@caseyandgina-2

We share a Feathered Friends Condor sleeping bag and groundsheet.  2 adults and a toddler.

Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

Locale: Melbourne

Cascade Designs used to have them – may be available on-line still, currently only have this, although apparently it is connectable to other liners

http://www.campsaver.com/fitted-sheet

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools