Topic

Which Pack for Uberlite Packing ?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Which Pack for Uberlite Packing ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

I’m looking at both the Gossamer Gear G-6 and the Mountain Laurel Designs Prophet 25 for some serious sub 15 lb. load (total) uberlite packing covering some significant portions of our Western real estate this Sept. Both seem to have their points but what do people out there have to say ?

Carol C. ? I know you have experience w/ both.
    Doug Johnson ? I may not try to cover 50 mi. a day,
    but certainly 30 plus. What do you think ?

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

I love my new G6. No experience with the MLD Prophet 25, but I do have a custom made Epic Soul Bivy from MLD – excellent craftsmanship and functionality. Both very fine companies. Based upon mfr’s listed volumes, the G6 should be a bit larger if this is important to you.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Thanks,Paul, for your input. I’m actually about to order the MLD Soul Bivy, quite possibly w/ the same mod you had done.

Hopefully I can also get some hands-on input on the Prophet Packs ,as well. Anyway, both packs are unavailible until Sept. (early I hope).

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Kevin,

Have you read my earlier posts in another thread which describes the custom mods Mr. Bell made for me? Do you want me to describe them again? Please advise. Take care, pj

kevin davidson

@kdesign

thanks PJ, I ‘ve seen your posts on the Bivy. A worthy mod and I may do something like it.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

a bump on this important (to me ) subject
    Please see 1st post on this thread.

att. Carol Crooker
    Doug Johnson

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools