Topic

Big and Tall

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Big and Tall

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Robert Kiilsgaard

@kiils

Hi everyone. I’m 6’5 230 lb backpacker from arkansas. I am on a mission to lighten my load as is everyone else. My main problem is around a sleeping bag. I hammock camp with my hennessy explorer ultralite a-sym. My current setup is:

thermarest prolite 3 regular
    big agnes encampment 15 degree synthetic

The pad is 10 to 12 ouunces and the bag is 4 to 4.5 lbs.

being a hammock camper, this setup does very well in temps to around 40 degrees for me. the problem is the weight. 5 to 6 pounds for sleeping is just unacceptable to me. So I start looking around, and there are lots of options. My main problem is that I move my legs a LOT while sleeping, hence why I went with big agnes. So I am needing a bag with the room and warmth and price of the big agnes but the weight of something like a nunatak or something comparable.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Robert

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools