Topic

Custom Work by Zimmerbiult

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Custom Work by Zimmerbiult

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    David Moreno
    BPL Member

@nerrek2000

Locale: New England

I'd run across Zimmerbuilt a while back, but didn't give it much thought as he was only making Tenkara accessories at the time. I've been searching high and low for a lightweight camera case just big enough for my camera (and no larger) for quite a while. Recently, I ran across a review on here for a custom built Zimmer pack and decided to look at his website again, and I'm so glad I did. I e-mailed Chris custom specs for his shoulder pouch, and after a few e-mails back and forth… I ordered 1. It turned out to be what I was looking for. Because of not knowing exactly how it was made (bias taped or not / seam allowance, etc.) I just estimated as best I could with my custom dimensions. It came in close enough. As I worked out more exact custom specs for 2 more I wanted made, I noticed that he was only 35 miles from me. I contacted him about sewing whistle buckles on my packs as well which I would hand deliver (My sewing machine just won't sew through 4 layers of webbing.). It worked out great! He made the 2 other custom sized pouches for me. He then sent me an e-mail informing me when they were done, and we made arrangements for me to pick them up, and have him sew my buckles on. Great, professional, courteous service. Would highly recommend to all.Front OpenedFrontBack Showing Slik ClipsOld Buckle Assembly for 30 Liter PackNew Buckle Assembly for 30 Liter PackOld Buckle Assembly for 70 Liter PackNew Buckle Assembly for 70 Liter PackPack With New Items Attached

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools