Topic

Notes from the Field: Hidden Lakes, Montana

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Notes from the Field: Hidden Lakes, Montana

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Companion forum thread to: Notes from the Field: Hidden Lakes, Montana

Tom B
    BPL Member

@tmbebee1

Locale: Northern NY

Nice report. I am becoming a bigger fan of the overnight trips since they require so much less planning, so I like reading about others doing the same. One thing I noted was that you mentioned having to sew a couple of more tie down points in your top quilt. If you are talking about getting it tucked into your sides and around your shoulders, my Mid Atlantic Mountain Works top quilt has shot cord running in channels up the sides when pulled tighter, tuck the quilt in. Since that was one of the concerns I had with top quilts, thought I would mention it. Full disclosure it is my son that makes the quilts, but I think it is a good solution to the problem if that is what you are referring to. Tom

Adam Klags
    BPL Member

@klags

Locale: Northeast USA

Eric, its interesting that you point out the cold mornings/quick heat up. I always have the same issue. My friends tend to joke about my "wardrobe change" each morning just a short distance from camp or time after breakfast ;) It was nice to know some other people experience the same thing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, it's amazing how fast you heat up. One moment you are cold and the next you feel like you are in a sauna.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmm. Thanks for the info. I'll look into those quilts and see if they give me any ideas!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools