Topic

What would you do with this

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear What would you do with this

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Casey Cardwell
    BPL Member

@niles

Locale: On the Dirt in Oregon

What would you do with this bottle?

Bottle

It's a little small for an aluminum drink container, only 8oz, but it's made of really solid aluminum and it weighs in at just over an ounce. It'd make a nice stove, but what kind?

What would you do?

Kyle Purcell

@dufus934

Locale: North Texas

Looks perfect for a low pressure side jet stove. Other one could be a crush resistant fuel bottle (if you do have two of them). whats the radius or diameter of the bottle?

By the way…are the speed shot drinks any good? I've been thinking about trying them for a little while now.

Casey Cardwell
    BPL Member

@niles

Locale: On the Dirt in Oregon

Unfortunately I've only got one. The diameter looks to be about 2". I like the fuel bottle idea. I'm still looking for the perfect alcohol stove too, though.

Kyle Purcell

@dufus934

Locale: North Texas

I really like the side burner stoves because they eliminate the need for a pot stand if you are using a small diameter pot. They are simple and quick to make with a xacto knife and a thumb tack. The only draw back is if the stove is too wide, you can loose a lot of heat because the flames jump out wider than the base of the pot, but with a 2in diameter it should be easy to find a pot that would work. Everything you need for stove ideas and instructions are at zenstoves.net (but I'm sure you already knew that). The sight is very well organized too.

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

That is a sweet little bottle, just chiming in to echo what the others said of a sturdy side burner as well as a nice bottle to store alc.

It may be durable enough to flip over as an esbit stand.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools