Topic

Uniqlo’s Columbus Day sale is up. UltraLight Down vests for $30, jackets for 60, and free shipping on everything.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Uniqlo’s Columbus Day sale is up. UltraLight Down vests for $30, jackets for 60, and free shipping on everything.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mitchell Ebbott
    Spectator

@mebbott-2

Locale: SoCal

I've been using their UL Down Parka for a few years now and love it. 9 oz with a hood (size small, fits like a medium). I'm not sure what the vests weigh but I wouldn't be surprised if they're pushing 6 oz. http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/featured/weekly-promotions.html

Scott Kilcoyne
    BPL Member

@scottx

Locale: Indianapolis

Anyone know the difference between the 'jacket' and the 'parka'? they look identical in fit in the photos.

Mitchell Ebbott
    Spectator

@mebbott-2

I think it's just different terminology for newer models. The old ones were called "jackets" without the hood or "parkas" in the hooded version. But the newer ones are all either "jacket" or "hooded jacket" (you can tell they're newer by the slanted baffles and aluminized lining).

Calvin N
    Spectator

@corkycal

Can anyone confirm a size XS will fit like a standard small? Do these run one size up?

Scott Kilcoyne
    BPL Member

@scottx

Locale: Indianapolis

^ Actually wondering the same before I pull the trigger on one.

Seth R
    BPL Member

@lerxst

Locale: Northeast

If you look under the sale tab there are some MOMA special edition hooded parkas for $60. Code NEW20 gets $20 off $150. http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/featured/sale.html

Mitchell Ebbott
    Spectator

@mebbott-2

>Do these run one size up?

Mine did (I bought a medium at first and exchanged it for a small), but that was two years ago and they might have changed the sizing since then. But it looks like they have a few model years on sale. I think the straight-baffled model on the website is the same as mine, but I can't be totally sure. They were great about the exchange though, they waived the restock fee and I think they paid my return shipping too… I don't remember for sure.

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

I've had two of their jackets – one a couple years ago and one now. Both were true to size for me(XL). Ryan

Cameron N.
    BPL Member

@korpen

I had a large jacket that fit well except for a baggy stomach area. I probably had had room to move down to a medium.

David Mason
    BPL Member

@dimjim

Based on my experience buying one of these jackets a little over a year ago, I would order down a size. I ordered a small, but ended up also owning an XS. I'm a small guy at 5'10" and ~135lb and the XS fit well over a couple base layers. The small was a bit large in the torso area, but both jackets had sufficient length. I can layer both if it's needed. Good jackets and vests if you can catch them on sale/closeout with cheap or free shipping.

Steve Collins
    BPL Member

@chicagomoose

Locale: North Carolina

For those close to Chicago, Uniqlo just opened a flagship store on Michigan Ave. I was there Friday morning for the grand opening (work related) and snagged a hooded down jacket for $20. In XL I would say it is sized trim/normal, tag states 44-47 chest size.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools