Topic

3 Days in the white mountains

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning 3 Days in the white mountains

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    BPL Member

@typicalsloan

Locale: New England

Last year I did the pemi and this year I'd like to do something similar but I have no idea what would be good. Does anyone have some suggestions for a 3 day loop in the Whites?

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

whats your normal mile/day norm/limit whatever. initial idea would be something in the wildcat/carter/moriah area. i've heard black angel trail is cool to maybe make a loop but haven't done it.

Joe
    BPL Member

@typicalsloan

Normal daily mileage is about 10-15 miles.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

for 2 night you have to start getting creative in the whites.. there aren't many just straight loops. if you are after 4k's you could do a funky route like Osceolas, hancocks, tripryamids. they all connect.. not sure of the mileage. my last trip i did the Carter ledge loop over Chocorua, drove up to Great gulf, camped at the Bluff, finished great gulf. came back down to The Bluff. Went up Madison Gulf the next day and out. if you do any of the gulfs bring the book description and a compass.

Joe
    BPL Member

@typicalsloan

Thanks for the suggestion Jake. The Moriahs using blank angel trail to loop around looks interesting.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

are you going solo? might want to see about some of the water crossings on View from the Top or something. apparently some on the wild river trail and highwater trail.

Joe
    BPL Member

@typicalsloan

Yes I would be going solo. Still haven't decided on the exact route or starting point yet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools