Topic

Mini tents

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Mini tents

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

kitty tent Keep your indoor cat happy outside, take felines on the trail, and more !

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

That's funny as spotted this one recently and to take a photo of it. 1

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

In the backpacking store, we had a few tents set up, but other models, especially the larger ones, were demonstrated with the little models the manufacturer provided. We'd joked that they were cat tents. Somebody, someplace (almost certainly China) makes those tent models for the manufacturers. Has someone diverted some production for these kitty tents? $50 for so little material is a good mark-up.

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

s

Richard Glasgow
    Spectator

@talus63

Locale: Rust belt

If those things were 20 bucks I'd buy one in an instant. Of course if you had a brown paper bag beside it…

Jim C
    BPL Member

@jimothy

Locale: Georgia, USA

Somewhere—Reddit, perhaps—I had read a story of a person whose father told him that those mini display tents at stores were "head tents." If you didn't want to carry a full tent, but wanted to protect your face from insects while you sleep, you'd pack a head tent, of course! As so many of these stories go, the person as a child believed his father, only discovering years later, with embarrassment, that this was a joke. What is this, a tent for ants? This tent needs to be at least two or three times bigger than this!

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

What joke ? They are head tents ! head tent 1 head tent 2 Head tent 3

Brian
    Spectator

@beber

"What is this, a tent for ants? This tent needs to be at least two or three times bigger than this!" Haha, I say the same thing every time I see the little tent models at the big box stores.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools