Topic

Thru Hiker Minima Vest Kit

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Thru Hiker Minima Vest Kit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chad Ellertson

@northernlights

Locale: Superior Hiking Trail

3.5 ounces? Seems very reasonable for a synthetic vest. The kit is about $45 as well. Has anyone made it? Any suggestions or feedback on it? I am about ready to order it and make it, but I wanted to see if there were any other viable options.

What have people's experiences been like with Thru-Hiker MYOG kits?

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

The sizing runs a bit on the large side.

Chad Ellertson

@northernlights

I saw that, so I think I will probably go with a M instead of a large.

Shelly Skye

@shelly-1

I have had great experiences with Thru Hiker and their kits. Very helpful if you need the help, both by email and by phone and my finished products are effective, if not fashionable. That last part has much more to do with my sewing skills than the kits themselves. I will continue to order kits and recommend them highly.

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

–I will continue to order kits and recommend them highly.–

I would highly recommend thru-hiker's kits as well. I've made the Liberty Ridge and Kinsman kits and made my quilt and poncho-tarp with supplies from there. Paul is very helpful if you run into any problems or have any questions. If your were curious about sizing you could probably give him and call and he would be able to help.

Adam

Chad Ellertson

@northernlights

Well, I think I like this idea. It will be a great addition to my insulation layers. I have a WM Highlight and have been looking for a lightweight synthetic insulation to bring for at night as well as the day. Thanks guys.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools