Topic

Faces No. 3: Douglas Malott

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Faces No. 3: Douglas Malott

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to: Faces No. 3: Douglas Malott

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Douglas, thanks for the article. It would be nice to have a location of your pictures. For those of us with fading memories, many of them look very familiar (I live in Washington also).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I grew up in Colorado back when kids were "free range" kids and allowed to be outside all the time without a whole lot of adult supervision. I now live, coincidentally, in Spokane where Douglas Malott, it would appear, had somewhat the same type of childhood. I share his opinions. Social media, and I'm not an advocate or participant, is bringing a lot more people to the backcountry. My favorite place to backpack, The Enchanted Lakes, is inundated with people. Most stick to the established trail, spend a night or two in the area and then post a 1000's of pictures on Facebook and other sites. Those 1000's of pictures get viewed by 1000's of people who think "i've gotta go there!" Permits to the Enchanted core are very difficult to come by now so I'm moving to new locations – Selway Bitterroots, Seven Devils, Cabinet Mountains, Gosple Hump, and Selkirks where I see a lot less infringement. Very interesting article, Thank You!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools